Here is a checklist of things to consider before hiring a Furlong garage door and opener repair specialist. These items will ensure that the work is efficient and professionally done.
1. Do they have bonding, insurance, and licensing? That is a big question to ask any repair person, whether they are working on your garage door or not. Bonding offers you protection in case something happens and the work is not complete. Insurance protects both you and the repair service in case of accidents. Licensing means the company takes their standing in the community seriously. If a company indicates, they do not have or do not need to have one or all of these, find another company.
2. Do they have years of experience? A good Furlong garage door and opener repair service will have a few years of service. Even a new service should have an owner that has worked in the industry for a few years. If you hire a company that has no expertise or experience, you may pay more for the privilege since you likely will have to call out another repair service to fix the problems that original one caused, plus the original problem.
3. Do they work on all brands of openers and doors? Some Furlong garage door and opener repair companies specialize in one or two brands. However, a company that works on all different brands is the one you want to work with. They have the experience and expertise to handle any issue you may present. The ones that specialize tend to get tunnel vision in solving problems. You also want them to handle new garage doors in Furlong.
4. Do they provide same day service? You want a company that will get to your home the same day you call, in most cases. Of course, things happen. However, you do not want to have your garage hanging open overnight. In winter, it can cause heating issues inside. Moreover, it just begs someone to come in uninvited.
5. Are they available 24/7 for emergencies? You may not need their Furlong garage door and opener repair service in the middle of the night right now. However, finding such a service will offer you protection in case you need them in the middle of the night.
6. What are their rates? You might think that you need to ask for their rates the first thing. That is your prerogative. Nevertheless, when you ask the other questions, you can get a feel on what kind of service they provide. Then, when you ask about rates, you can make a decision on whether to hire them or not.